Saturday, March 28, 2009

More seeds started

Started some more cool and hot weather vegetables today. I'm trying to grow a wider range of crops this year, so I'll be trying things I've not grown before. I'm trying to work in collards, kale, beans, melons, squash, zucchini, and maybe potatoes. A lot of these can be grown like their cousins (collards like broccoli/cabbage, melons/squash like other tropical hot weather veggies) and do just fine, but I've still got some studying up to do to make sure I get the best shot at success for some of these.

Cool:
- one 4" pot Red Russian Kale
- one 4" pot Summertime Crisphead head lettuce

Hot: (all in 2" pots)
- Orange Fogo Thai chile
- Red Demon Thai chile
- Golden Star Hybrid yellow sweet pepper
- California Wonder 300 sweet pepper
- Miniature Chocolate Bell sweet pepper
- Hansel hybrid eggplant
- Fairy Tale hybrid eggplant

No comments: